Saturday 14 September 2013

Anything For You,Ma’am – Tushar Raheja

Author: Tushar Raheja
ISBN: 9788188575862
No. Of Pages: 230 Pages
My Rating: 0/5
Anything for you, Ma’am tells the story of Tejas Narula, an IITian (IIT Delhi) who fall in love with a girl, Shreya. And for her sake, he with his friend’s moil manage to visit her home town in Chennai by skipping the mandatory Industrial tour. The book is all about the the college life in IIT, the journey of the protagonist, Tejas from Delhi to Chennai, his mental skirmishes with Mr. Fate and lastly, the Biobull, a revolutionary bus. Interestingly, all the above proved fruitless to me :(
“Anything for you Ma’am” , was my second misinterpretation which I committed after ‘I too had a love story.” The second worst book which I read and was totally unsatisfied. At least, I too had a love story had some sense, the paucity was in its narration but Anything for you Ma’am lacked both, the narration and story line. After completing the book, I felt that I should ask Tushar Raheja to return my money :) I am not a parsimonious or a stingy guy but am only showing my peevishness. Writers akin to him give Indian writers’s fraternity an abominable name. The sentence construction was again akin to “I too had a love story” ie. pathetic. If I talk about story, I’ll only say that the book hardly made me ruminate. People say that the book is hilarious but I fail to comprehend their stance. I also witnessed that the book was over stretched, and thus insipid. People like Raheja, Ravinder Singh, Chetan Bhagat are real threats to English Literature. I would also like to share a thought which penetrated my mind when I completed the book; “ENGINEERS CANNOT WRITE GOOD BOOKS”, my psyche thought. I never applaud such imbecilic endeavor and thus rate it 0/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment