Saturday 12 October 2013

An Unproclaimed Leader

The Galaxy Cinema hall was quite famous when it was established and inaugurated in Mansarovar area of the Jaipur district. The Galaxy Cinema hall was embellished with two screens, resplendent edifice and zillions of other hi-fi things. Ironical to the fate of its owner, innovativeness by the other entrepreneurs extirpated it to a humongous extent for, they compelled their competitor to hold the purse strings on the augmentation of the cinema hall. Other monstrous investors came with gargantuan capital and within two years many other more resplendent edifices were constructed with the title, “Cinema Hall” in the mind of “The Common Man”. Repercussions were certain. The Galaxy hall was taken over by The Reliance Industries Ltd. But the change in ownership did not mean the competition vanished.
The estimate of admissions were pauperized. Many other schemes were also innovated, out of which a new show timing was the gargantuan of all. A morning 10:00 AM show was started to magnetizely intrigue the general plebeian. I look back well the movie poster was of “1920: The Evil Returns”. The morning price of the ticket and eagerness to ambiance some horror made us roll in the vicinity of the ticket counter. I saw many children dressed up in their school uniform who were there for the same reason, probably they came bunking their respective schools. I was not astonished when I witnessed the madding crowd and formulate my psyche and my body to fell some heat and exertion. A fat man who serendipitously got his ticket was not happy and when he passed near by me, I inquired about his abominable stance. To my precipitousness , he said, “Chu*** ho gae hai salley bahen k lo**….bol te hai ki ticket k sath 60 Rs. ka popcorn+ Pepsi ka combo lena jaruri hai!!”
“To tum ne kya kiya?”, I asked.
“Le na pada yaar, kya karta? Subhe Subhe dimak kharab kar diya Mada* Chood** ne” was his rejoinder.
My friend who was in other line to bag the ticket asked me what to do. I calculated that a 50 Rs. ticket will merge into 110 Rs. And moreover we had only accurate currency to get infront of the big screen. I knew I have to do something, something BIG and unique and infact daring. I saw all most everyone resisting when their turn came to pay the money and own the ticket against the combo pack.
“The person who is sitting inside and distributing the ticket is firm and rigid”, I thought.
“What you’ll do now?”, I asked myself.
And finally, my turn came. Like others I also resisted against the Combo pack. But the ticket distributor showed his anger and firmness. A prompt idea penetrated my mind.
I said boldly, “Today is my fast and I cannot have popcorn and moreover I don’t eat outside food when I fast in the name of Lord Hanuman.
The person behind me was even more blunt. He intelligently said,”Yes, today is Tuesday and today is my fast and I cannot eat popcorn and drink cold drink.”
But the distributor did not move and said, “you have to”
I said, “I can’t”.
While I was squabbling with him, I didn’t knew that my excuse was gaining popularity among the crowd. A group of 3-4 people came forward and protested against the management. They too gave the same reason against the combo. The ticket distributor left his chair to call some higher authority. The group of 3-4 person extolled me for my excuse.
Then the ticket distributor came with a higher authority. The crowd screeched to its zenith yielding cacophony in the ambiance and one of them gave a bang with his palm on the ticket counter limpid glass. Security help was called by the person who was named in my mind as “a higher authority person with more supremacy”
The crowd was gaining lustiness physique and vigor and thus the higher authority person asked the crowd to keep calm. He asked any one from the crowd to speak. I started but my voice could not gain supremacy and was zilch when compared with the crowd. The he shouted and asked any one of the crowd to enter the ticket counter in order to make a conclusion. The whole crowd gazed at me and thus unproclaimed I became their leader. One of them said,”Bhai sahab aap jao”.
I, as a leader, holding the responsibility of the entire crowd on my shoulder entered in. He inquired about the demand of the crowd. I told the reason as why the crowd is against the combo pack. He asked, ” all of them are having fast today?”
I said.” I don’t know about entire crowd but I and many among us are fasting today. Please cancel the scheme of the combo pack”.
The man said, “Well, we don’t have any other option then”.
I happily said,”Yes, you don’t”
He instructed to the ticked distributor to only distribute the ticked and not the combo :)
I egressed and disseminated the intoxicated verdict to the crowded public who were packed like sardines!! They extolled my dextrous heroism through their cacophonic sounds and then got engaged in their business. I too collected the tickets for my friends with whom I came to luxuriate the movie. Even they felicitated me and extolled me for, I saved their 60 Rs. We all rushed towards the big screen and on the way to the screen, a group of boys again thanked me.
This was how I became an unproclaimed leader. Hope you enjoyed reading.
Take care,
Lots Of lOve
Keep visiting,
Regards, Harshit Chauhan

No comments:

Post a Comment